Monday, July 8, 2013

Beans, carrots, lettuce and a juicer.....

 
 
I needed a break from quilting so I have been busily making potholders. They are fun, fast and super easy to make. I say...why buy them in the stores when you can make your own, in the style and fabrics you want? I think my favorites so far are the veggie and cupcake ones. Have to go back to the studio and look to see if I can find anymore of the same fabric. Its like Christmas for me going through my stash and finding fabric I didn't even realize that I had.

**********

Well I just got my juicer and looking forward to using it today. Going to pull all the carrots from the garden and need to walk up to the fruit stand by my house to get some cucumber, parsley, celery and maybe some more apples to sweeten it. That's the plan at least. The next time I am at the local nursery I will look for some celery seeds or better yet some starters. My carrots are pretty much done (for this batch at least) and that means more room for some new things in the garden.

I haven't been out to the garden for a few days, been under the weather to be honest and it sure has been busy. I snapped a pic of my bounty and looking forward to some salad the next few days as well as some peas with bacon. Most everything is good with bacon. The carrots are for my juicer and I really can't wait to try them out.




The beans are flowering and the more I look at it I think I might have over done it a bit. I have three 4X6 rows of beans and they are so heavy they are actually bending the support boards. This is even without beans growing on it! Oye Fey! I see spicy pickled beans, frozen beans and bag fulls of beans handed out to friends and family. I was at my local Asian market and they had dried green beans with olive oil and sea salt. They were delish! Now to find a recipe on how to make them, though I have some time before I actually need to have it. So back to the bending boards. I am going to have to figure out how to reinforce them so the don't buckle under the weight. Will have to see what my options are and of course the price is also a factor.

That's it for now as I am dying to use my juicer....TTFN!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment